About Me

My photo
Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
I am 36 years old and have dreamed of having a motorcycle since I had my first ride on one when I was 16. This will be my third season riding. First full season with my dream ride "Freya" 1998 Honda Valkyrie. Looking forward to many memorable rides this season including a Meet in the Middle in Cheyenne Wyomming with the Women Who ride, raising money for Breast Cancer along the way.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Assembly Continues

Monday 30th

Began with installing the inner rear fender, the carbs and installing the battery which led to the start of the fiddly work. Installing the coil packs and wiring harness which Mark handled expertly without me. Therefore giving me time to polish the frame and touch up the paint.




Also put the rotors back on the front wheel so that my wheels could be balanced properly.


Tuesday 31st





Began with a trip to Courtenay to have my new tires installed on my wheels, they also installed the new wheel bearings. Upon returning home I went to an actual body shop and put another two coats of clear on all the body panels, it sure was nice working in a clean environment.


Thursday Apr 2nd


Sanded & painted handle bars, engine guard, sissy bar, top of shocks, horn, clutch and brake levers.





Sanded intermediate exhaust pipes to prepare for High Temp paint.



Friday Apr 3rd






Painted 2nd coat on all parts. Painted intermediate exhaust pipes and bolts for the exhaust.






Attached crystals on clutch cover bolt and on cam shaft caps. Sanded the edge of the engine fins, they were covered in black paint.




Saturday Apr 4th
While I waited for Mark to get home from work I started cleaning my primary exhaust pipes, they were really yucky. Once Mark was home it was time to attempt installing the front forks but that meant first installing the signal lights onto the fork covers, that was easy in comparison to getting the steering head bearing to go all the way down the steering head shaft. We didn't have the right tool so we gave up on that for the night.

Sunday Apr 5th

Went out for breakfast and went to the hardware store to find a tool to fix the bearing issue. Once home the bearing went on without any trouble. Then there was the challenge of holding the forks on the bike while I tightened the securing nut, but Mark & I managed it together.






After the forks were secured then we could install the headlight and feed the wiring through. The front emblem also went on - Yes those are crystals around the edge

The final thing to go on the bike was the handlebars.

It was a long and productive day!

No comments: